Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Love

SUGAR! the ways of the Lord, temperence, and those things which allow the power of God to be displayed in my life. Okay, here's another unglorious (is that a word?) picture: our current sugar stash. Now, I really don't crave green marshmallows, but if a sugar craving is just unsatisfied, there's no safe sugar in the house. So as a technicality, I include all the above junk. But lately, once the good stuff starts to run out, I just start baking or run to the store.

So you who are into holding me accountable, here's my declaration--by the grace of God--I'm starting a sugar fast tomorrow. For 2 weeks. Not just dessert, but my honey nut cheerios, fruit (yes, I know fruit is healthy--I'll add it back in once the 2 weeks is up), and white bread. And anything else with sugar. Even my coffee. Die! Die sugar monster! Die! If I seem a little nuts, it's probably the wild mood swings as a result of the umpteen cookies I've had in the last few days. This all sounds well and good now, but I guarantee tomorrow I'll be rethinking it. You folks know this is a great idea. You ask me about it.

So there are other fun things to do besides eat cookies. Like this:
and this:

In the time I would normally spend nibbling on blocks of sugar, I'll watch my fairies dance around, and tend to my wilting houseplants.

No comments: