Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Little Hiatus...

Look at that. Agneta and Beth.

Aren't they lovely?

I got a little disenchanted with blogging...just seemed kind of narcissistic. Plus, we house-hunted, potty-trained (the toddler), moved to a fixer-upper, had twins, and just...well...it was a bit much to manage, much less photograph and comment on constantly.

But, hey! It turns out the blog still exists! I spent the last few minutes marveling over the buckets of time we used to have to do fun things like think and sit and wear clothes that match every day and be alert and responsive all the time!

So, for the last, what? 2 years? let me 'splain...
No, is too much. Let me sum up.

The migraines quit.
Nat learned to read.
We packed. We moved.
We worked like dogs to get the house in shape.
2 months after we moved, we found out at 22 weeks that we were having twins!
We worked like dogs to get the nursery together and do everything we could possibly do before adding 2 more children to the family, which wasn't much, considering we had 3-4 months to do that and I was on bed rest. or should have been. and practically was since I swelled to 3 times my size and could not stand or sit without my legs up for more than 20 minutes. fun.
We had Beth and Agneta.
Everything is roses.
2 families with older kids and a younger set of twins say things calm down a bit at 21-24 months. I think things are going to ramp up a bit, actually. Because right now, they're contained. I think they'll be behind a gate or in cribs/high-chairs/packnplays/swing/jumper until they are about 4. Maybe 5. We aren't running around with our hair on fire or anything, but the daily to-do list is nothing to sneeze at.
Natalie started 1st grade at home with me this fall. Olivia is chomping at the bit to learn to read. And we're working on it.

phew.

Thanks for reading my silly blog. I stole that line from another blog. But it sounded good.


No comments: