
Everyday at 1, Natalie has an appointment in my sunny bedroom, under my chocolate velvet duvet for about 45 minutes of perfect napping. After that, she leafs through a stack of books for a bit. Where do I sign up for this deal?

I know these look like Valentine's, but I actually made them for a baby shower before Christmas. I love this sugar cookie recipe, and the royal icing stacks so well. I can see my new glass canister on the counter filled to the brim with these. I'll have to get down to business again soon.

Someday I'm going to paint. And here is a perfect muse. Did you ever?

Olivia has big news: she's getting potty-friendly now. It's all big girl pants for her now, and we're staying fairly dry. She's all business when the treats are in sight.

My first loaf. Homemade bread, that is. Sans bread machine. Thanks to my brilliant friend Tarah, (who rather impressively grinds her own wheat) I have a new recipe that is to die for. And homemade bread every day if we so desire. mmmmmmmm... kind of dangerous actually--the butter is disappearing a little too fast.
Up-and-coming:
We are painting--the whole house (minus bedrooms for now). Pics upon completion. Life is a bit messy in the meantime.
A quilt project--never before have I attempted!! I know I've threatened to work on this for some months. I'm waiting for fabric that has STILL not arrived. And I'm a visual type, and a bit of a perfectionist. So I'm a little high strung about the arrangement of this one. I have the painting to keep me busy anyway. And the potty training. And the other child. And the dog. Who needs a-brushing.
No comments:
Post a Comment