Wednesday, June 4, 2008
My Head, Part II
Ughhhhh............. I spoke too soon! If you read the last post on my head, you'll recall my confidence in being migraine free. That was posted about 12 hours before another migraine which lasted for about 3 days, left me 6 pounds lighter and had me reeling through the weekend. Cookout? No thanks. Family over? Nah. I'll just writhe around for a few days until my head falls off... Sorry. Enough whining. Apparently, I have another outbreak of these monsters. My back is achy, and I wake up at 5am every morning with a headache, which tells me that things are unsettled and my central nervous system is ready to revolt any minute. CARPE DIEM! Today was a gift. No migraine today, so we are thankful. I have an appointment next Tuesday with my neurologist. We'll see what can be done. Lobotomy? The Mayo clinic's website was encouraging this week. I learned something new about combining meds. There is also a new migraine med coming out this year. On another note, being absolutely beyond fed up with these headaches, Hebrews 12 was of particular help to me. I am reminded of the new covenant I am under--the gracious mediator Jesus Christ whose blood I am under, and the Living God who I pray to--not an angry mountain ready to destroy me, but a compassionate Redeemer who hears. Not only that, but Psalm 95 reminds me: "come, let us worship and bow down, and kneel before the Lord, our Maker. For he is our God and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand." In the midst of my frustration again this morning, I looked for direction, and the Lord was so faithful to point me to Hebrews 12:28, "Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire." So here is my place--to faithfully endure hardship, and to offer acceptable worship to a most worthy God. I'm grateful to know what to do with myself. Over and over the Lord patiently directs me to remember that I am just His, and to patiently endure with hope, not despair. To be cheerful and offer praise, not to be full of self pity and doubt. Well that is the target. It is my fervent prayer that I am honoring Him in this way--in His grace and strength, of course. Grace and peace to you in your struggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment