Several quotes from today:
"my owie is getting better, I think I only have one boo-boo, praise the Lord!"
"Grandma Jean's a nice mommy, isn't she? She takes care of her little doggies, doesn't she?"
"good boy Daddy, I mean, good man, Daddy!"
...and, about 5 minutes away from home after a long car ride (almost 2 hours) she said, "you can do it mommy! I know we can make it!"
Yesterday, when we came over the hill in the car and saw the church in front of us, Natalie said, "TA-DAA!!"
We took a trip to Grandma Jean's today, to see John's cousin Dustin, and his sweet bride-to-be, Jessica. The wedding is to be in December, and the bridesmaid's dresses sound just dreamy (lovely gauzy, satiny fitted gowns in a pretty shade of apple). I don't think I've been to a December wedding before, so I'm looking forward to the twinkly lights and poinsettias, the smell of evergreen, the holly berries, and a handsome bride and groom. Well, I'm guessing on the decorations, but no matter--it should be a sight to behold. Most importantly, they're a sweet couple--it will be a happy celebration. The girls did great traveling, though they had the wiggles during the bridal shower (well, we were missing nap time). Olivia, especially had a good time getting pinched and hugged and held and adequately spoiled with cookies and crackers and small white puppy dogs. Natalie had her share of the same. Remember being a little child at your grandma's house? How nice to be always rejoiced over and indulged with yummy treats and the nooks and crannies of her cozy home: a special chair, the box of toys, a little corner to play in...and Grandma's warm, approving smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment